• Mongolia: Fascinating land of nomads & blue sky...
• Bhutan: Tibetan heritage in the Himalayan dragon-kingdom...
Travel Module: Kaziranga Safari, Assam, India
Let us introduce you to the land of the mighty Brahmaputra river. Immerse yourself in a world of natural wonders, tea gardens and cultural diversity. In Guwahati encounter pilgrims and yogis at Kamakhya temple, walk through busy markets and visit a village of Assam silk weavers.
Kaziranga National Park – certainly one of India’s most beautiful and spectacular national parks – offers you a variety of safaris by jeep and even elephant! Take stunning wildlife- & bird watching tours and meet rare birds, the rhinoceroses and with luck even a tiger in the wild.
Experience the great Brahmaputra river by boat and ferry; take excursions to various islands including Majuli, a large river island and the cradle of Assamese civilization; visit villages of the Mising tribe and satras (temples) of Assam’s neo-Vaishnavite culture.
- Kaziranga National Park: Safaris by jeep & elephants; see exotic birds and rhinoceroses in their wild habitat
- River Brahmaputra
- Rich biodiversity in Assam’s National Parks
- River- and temple island Majuli
- Assam’s famous tea gardens
- Silk weavers
- Tribal villages
- Khamakya temple & Guwahati city tour
- Bamboo- & cane houses and handicraft
Best time to visit
Ideally from November until April. Also from October until May. During monsoon season from June until September it is not advisable to travel to the area. Due to flooding of Brahmaputra river Kaziranga National Park is closed from Mai until beginning of November
- Day 1: Arrive at Guwahati Airport, for example connecting to Travel Module "Kolkota", "Sikkim", "Darjeeling" or "Kalimpong". Transfer to Kaziranga National Park. Overnight in luxury jungle lodge or middle class hotel.
- Day 2: Early morning enjoy an elephant safari. While you ride an elephant encounter rhinos, deer and other mammals in the wild grassy landscape of the park. Also explore the park by jeep for more wildlife observations. Overnight in luxury jungle lodge or middle class hotel.
- Day 3: Safari by jeep in another area of the park. Enjoy bird watching. Continue your joureny to the shores of Brahmaputra river. Cross by ferry to reach Majuli island. Overnight in basic bamboo lodge or in middle class hotel.
- Day 4: Explore Vashnavite-temles and a Mising tribal village. Transfer to a beautiful tea garden. Overnight in a beautiful bungalow that reflects colonial charme.
- Day 5: Visit the tea factory and gain insights into the process of tea prodcution in Assam. Continue on to Guwahati.
- Day 6: City tour of Guwahati in accordance to your interest.
- Day 7: Visit a village of silk weavers and in the afternoon transfer to Guwahati Airport. Continue with Travel Module "Kolota", "Sikkim", 'Darjeeling" or "Kalimpong".
- Brahmaputra River Cruise (+ 3 – 10 days)
Integrate several days of luxurious and relaxing cruising on the mighty Brahmaputra river. Get yourself spoiled with culinary delights from the kitchen team; drive past the lush, overgrown banks of river Brahamputra and enjoy landscapes of rolling, green hills in the background. With a bit of weather luck you can even glance at Himalayan giants at the horizon.
- Visit remote tribal villages and settlements
- Travel to the remote and rarely visited Orang National Park for fantastic encounters with rare species and an overwhelming biodiversity
- Include low altitude jungle-trekking and nature walks in Joypore Rain Forest, Manas and/or Nameri National Park.
- In accordance to the timeframe available to you combine your Assam journey with a visit to other states of North East India such as "Nagaland", "Meghalaya" or "Arunachal Pradesh".