Darjeeling, Sikkim and Bhutan
Group trips Sikkim – Hiking and culture
We also offer all of our tours as private tours – at your best time and with your desired program.
Contact us – we will be happy to help you.
We start our tour in Darjeeling. This hill station has retained much of its colonial flair from times gone by. The “Toy Train” was built around 1880 and brought the English colonial masters from the hot plains to the cool mountains. Today, this place is world-famous for its many tea plantations and first-class tea. In the former kingdom of Sikkim, we admire Buddhist monasteries and the diverse nature. During a stay with a host family, we will gain a good insight into the everyday life of the locals. This former kingdom in the Himalayas between Bhutan and Nepal has not yet been discovered by “mass tourism”.
One of the highlights of the tour is our stay in Bhutan. A hike takes us to one of the holiest monasteries in Bhutan, the famous “Tiger’s Nest” in the Paro Valley. This monastery clings spectacularly to a steep rock face, hundreds of meters above the valley floor. We also visit imposing dzongs, ancient monasteries and small villages in Bhutan. This easy round trip is very varied and has many highlights.
- Very varied tour through Sikkim and Bhutan
- Insights into life in the countryside, away from the usual tourist routes
- Ride on the Toy Train in Darjeeling
- Ancient monasteries and sacred lake in Sikkim
- Buddhist cultural heritage in Sikkim & Bhutan
- Hike to the holy monastery “Tiger’s Nest” in Bhutan
- Punakha Dzong, the most beautiful monastery castle (Dzong) in Bhutan