• Bhutan: honouring & preserving cultural heritage, traditional architecture and native knowledge
• Northeast India: Experiencing amazing natural wonders & cultural diversity between Myanmar & Tibet
Rhododendron Panorama-Trail, Sikkim, India
• 4 – 5 days • trek 2 – 6 hrs/day • easy to medium •
• Trekking-trial, partly rough stone-stairs, partly narrow and steep passages • Overnights tent (3 - 4 x) • • max. altitude: 3680 m (12’000 ft) •
• Support-team: Trekking-Guide, Kitchen crew & porters •
With good weather our rhododendron trekking offers great panoramic views of Mt. Khangchendzonga every day. From a view point that we will visit on this trek you can even enjoy a fantastic 360° view with Mt. Everest in Nepal and the Himalayan ranges of Sikkim, Tibet and Bhutan.
This trek is ideal for participants with prior trekking-experience who are looking for an easier trekking-route, avoiding extreme high altitudes. Our experienced support-team will prepares delicious hot meals for you, provides all required trekking- and camping-equipment and take good care of your needs.
- Daily panoramic views of Mt Khangchenjunga at relatively low altitude
- After the initial climb to the ridge only minor changes in altitude
- Sunrise at panoramic view
- less-known trekking route
- rhododendron-sanctuary (flowering from april to may)
Integrate this trek with any Travel Module “Sikkim”. Trek uphill through forest from 2200 m (7’200 ft) for about 6 hrs. Overnight in camp.
|Day 2:||Trek to a view-point to enjoy views of the Nepal Himalayas (1 hr). After breakfast continue through through rhododendron and oak forest for about 4 hrs. Enjoy stunning views of Mt. Khangchendzonga. Overnight at camp, 2700 m|
|Day 3:||Trek through meadows, rhododendron- and oak-forests, past ponds to camp (4.5 hrs). Enjoy views of Mt. Khangchendzonga. Overnight at camp, 3570 m(10’100 ft).|
Continue with travel module "Sikkim", "Darjeeling" or "Kalimpong"
- Spring and autumn; for rhododendron in bloom: April to May
- Winter: as the trek takes place in lower altitude than the other common trekking routes in Sikkim it is a good option from November to March as well
- This trekking can also be done in reverse order.
- Extend this trekking with additional days of trekking via a rarely visited area in Westsikkim (+ 2 days)
- Connect this trek with our Khangchendzonga-trekking "Singelela-Goechela" (+ 12 days)