• Bhutan: honouring & preserving cultural heritage, traditional architecture and native knowledge
• Northeast India: Experiencing amazing natural wonders & cultural diversity between Myanmar & Tibet
Travel Module: Taj Mahal, Agra, Uttar Pradesh, India
Round off your visit to India with a trip to India's best-known landmark, the majestic Taj Mahal. It is an immense mausoleum of white marble, built in Agra between 1631 and 1648 by order of the Mughal emperor Shah Jahan in memory of his favourite wife. The Taj Mahal is one of the UNESCO’s World Heritage Sites and a masterpiece of Muslim art in India. Also a visit to the Red Fort built by Emperor Akbar and the abandoned city of Fatehpur Sikri built in the 16th century.
- Taj Mahal
- Red Fort & Baby Taj (Itmad -ud- daulah)
- Fatehpur Sikri
|Day 1:||Arrival Agra by train or car, for example in connection to Travel Module "Delhi" or "Rajasthan". Visit Agra Fort|
|Day 2:||Visit the Taj Mahal and more sightseeing.|
|Day 3:||Transfer via Fatehpur Sikri to Delhi or continue with an additional option such as Bharatpur Bird Sanctuary, Chambal Valley or Travel Module "Rajasthan"|
Best time to visit
October to March: pleasant temperatures between +20 and + 38 ° C
Winter (November to February): low temperatures, around + 2° to + 10°C, sometimes hazy
Summer (April to June ): very warm temperatures with high humidity
Monsoon (June to October) : pleasant temperatures, heavy rains especially in July
- Choose one of Agra’s exclusive heritage or 5-star hotels
- Bharatpur Bird Sanctuary (+ 1 - 2 days): Visit of bird sanctuary (Keoladeo National Park) to observe exotic birds in their natural habitat; with rickshaw ride through wetlands and explorations of rural India; on request cycling tour through India 's cultivated land. Visit typical villages, meet farmers, potters, students & teachers.
- Chambal Valley (+ 1 - 3 days): Trip to the Chambal valley with an inspiring river cruise; enjoy wildlife observations and the soothing natural surroundings by foot, jeep or camel.