• Bhutan: honouring & preserving cultural heritage, traditional architecture and native knowledge
• Northeast India: Experiencing amazing natural wonders & cultural diversity between Myanmar & Tibet
Travel Module: Sikkim West, India
Discover Sikkim’s history, visit Buddhist monasteries and temples and gain insights into the way of life and culture of the Bhutias, Sikkim’s ethnic group with Tibetan ancestry.
Enjoy the picturesque landscape with Mt. Khangchendzonga towering in a distance and explore local villages off the beaten track with us.
Travel with an experienced driver and a tour guide who takes into consideration your personal interests and needs. Stay in hotels, authentic lodges/farmhouses and even spend a night in a homestay as guest in a typical Bhutia village.
- Great views onto Mt. Khangchendzonga and other giants such as Mt. Kabru, Mt Pandim and Mt. Rathong, etc.
- Experience Tibetan cultural heritage – Nyngma-monasteries and temples of the 17th & 18th century
- Stupas and monastery of Tashiding, wishfulfilling lake and coronation place
- Insights into the culture of the rural population
- Exotic flora, Exotische Pflanzenwelt, terraced fields & tea garden
- Giant statues of Buddha and Padmasambhava
- Experience authentic local cuisine
Day 1: Transfer from Module "Sikkim Classic/East", "Darjeeling" or "Kalimpong" to South Sikkim with optional village walk.
Day 2: Continue via the shrines of Tashiding to the mountain village Yoksum.
Day 3: Optional walk and transfer via wish fulilling lake to Pelling.
Day 4: Visit Pemayangtse monastery and continue on to a remote area of West Sikkim
Day 5: Enjoy nice nature walks, hike past Nepali and Lepcha farms and witness the prayer ceremonies of an active monastic school
Day 6: Transfer to Bagdogra Airport or continue with Module "Darjeeling" or "Kalimpong".
- Popular: Combine this module with a Trekking in West Sikkim, for example Goechala Trekking + 8 – 9 days, max 4950 m, or our Rhododendron Trail + 5 days, max 3600 m; Singelela-Trekking: + 12 – 14 days, max 4950 m
- Experience a lama mask-dance
- Go birding with our local ornithological expert
- Ad a two-day trek through lush, virgin jungle with great views of Himalayan giants and overnight in tent