• Bhutan: honouring & preserving cultural heritage, traditional architecture and native knowledge
• Northeast India: Experiencing amazing natural wonders & cultural diversity between Myanmar & Tibet
- NORTHEAST INDIA TOUR, 22 - 26 DAYS
- 27.03.2019 - 17.04.2019
- Adventure Tour off the beaten track to India’s wild East with Manipur, Nagaland, Assam, Nagaland, Meghalaya & Arunachal Pradesh and optional Tripura-Extension.
Imphal (Manipur) – Kohima (Nagaland) – Jorhat (Assam) – Mon (Nagaland) – Silapathar (Assam) – Aalo (Arunachal) – Daporijo (Arunachal) – Ziro (Arunachal) – Majuli (Assam) – Kaziranga National Park (Assam) – Shillong (Meghalaya) – Cherrapunjee (Meghalaya) – Guwahati (Silchar – Kailashahar – Agartala)
Extension Tripura: Silchar – Kailashahar – Agartala – Udaipur
- 2017: Sikkim Ethnic Cuisine Cooking Classes now available at Bamboo Retreat Hotel (www.bambooretreat.in)
- 2017: Permaculture Garden at Bamboo Retreat Hotel near Rumtek, Sikkim has now received plant labels for interested guests.
- 16.09.2016: Pang Lhapsol celebration in palace of Chogyal (king) of Sikkim after a gap 26 years! Long live Sikkim's cultural heritage!"
- Spring 2016: We are happy to have had another successful travel- and trekking season this spring. Trekking- and Cultural in and around the Sikkim and Bhutan Himalayas continue to dominate. AT Bamboo Retreat we are happy to announce the introduction of permaculture methods to increase biodiversity and fertility of our land. Thanks to the many helping hands!!
- November 2015: Exploring Madhya Pradesh in Central India – experiencing authentic India off the beaten track!
- February 2016: South-India Cultural Tour
- 2015, August: Our Trekking-in-charge from Sikkim, India visits Switzeralnd…“bridging cultures“ in action! Thank you Teten Norbu Bhutia for your loyal and professional collaboration since more than a decade!
- 2015, March: Fascination rural Rajasthan...
- 2015, February: Permaculture-design is being developed by Rico Zook for Bamboo Retreat in Sikkim, India..and yes, Bamboo Retreat is still rated Nr. one by Trip Advisor
- 2015, January: We are happy to again offer cultural tours to unknown Bangladesh and Myanmar
- 2014, July: Mongolia Classic roundtrip with Gobi...
- Tea Gardens & Himalayan Cultures between Snow & Orchids, Sikkim & Darjeeling, India with Helen Kämpf: Additional group journey from 01.11. - 15.11.2014!
- October 2013: Sikkim has been declared nr. 1 of Lonely Planet’s top 10 Travel Regions 2014! https://www.lonelyplanet.com/travel-tips-and-articles/lonely-planets-best-in-travel-2014-top-10-regions
- Tea Gardens & Himalayan Cultures between Snow & Orchids, Sikkim & Darjeeling, India with Helen Kämpf: 31.03. – 14.04.2014
- August 2013: Our manager from Sikkim is visiting Switzerland!