• Mongolia: Fascinating land of nomads & blue sky...
• Bhutan: Tibetan heritage in the Himalayan dragon-kingdom...
Travel Module: Delhi, India
the modern New Delhi built by the British visit old Delhi’s winding streets by bicycle-rickshaw, interact with vendors and gain insights into many ways of life of India.
14 million people work and live in Delhi and we can facilitate insights into the daily life of this mega-city.
Depending on the time available and in accordance to your interests we provide you with a tailor-made city tour and integrate the hotel category of your choice. Delhi offers a wide selection of luxury hotels of the absolute top class as well as many business- and middle class hotels or privately run homestays or guesthouses. Your city tour will be accompanied by our local, unobtrusive, English speaking guide. Integrate our travel module Delhi at the end or / and beginning of your trip to India.
- Old Delhi by bicycle rickshaw; historic residential area in Chandini Chowk, Jama Masjid (Friday Mosque), Spice- & grain market at Khari Baoli, Red Chili- and Flower Market, silver- & gold dealers street, various mosques, Hindu- & Sikh-Temples.
- Gurudware (Sikh-Tempel) by Auto-Rikscha (Tuk Tuk); by local bus to Connaught Place
- Enjoy a Bollywood-movie in an indian cinema
- Shopping as desired. For example for handmade items from all over India visit the Crafts Museum or the open market Dilli Haat.
- Raj Gha – it was built on the banks oft he river Yamuna as a tribute to Mahatma Gandhi
- Walking tour with a local youth trained as tourist guide through a poor neighbourhood near the train station. You will gain deep insights into the life of street children and how organizations are supporting them to help themselves.
- Bahai Temple built in the style of lotus flower in 1986
- Hauz Khaz, a neighbourhood with monuments of the Lodhy Dynasty in its vicinity and many art galleries and fine restaurants.
- Lhodhi park with a large variety of trees and birds
- India Gate, Rashtrapati Bhawan (Presidential Palace), Quatab Minar from the Lodhy Dynasty, Jantar Mantar (astronomical observatory of 1724), Red Fort
- Humayun’s Tomb – the first great example of Mughal architecture in India
- Museums: Rail Museum, Gandhi Museum, Gandhi Smriti, Indira Gandhi Memorial, National Museum
- Sound & Light show in Red Fort (daily from 20:30 - 21:30 clock)
Day 1: Arrival at Delhi International Airport. Transfer to your hotel. Time-allowing: City-tour..
Day 2 - 4:City tour – tailor-made as per your interests
Day 5: Transfer to the Domestic Airpoort and continue with Travel Module of your choice such as "Agra", "Rajasthan", "Darjeeling", "Sikkim", or "Ladakh" etc.
Best Time to Travel
- October - May
- We look forward to adjusting your Delhi-visit to your special interests and your available time
- Ayurveda Relaxation Days, 2 – 3 days: Round off your trip in an Ayurvedic resort with pool just about 100 km outside of Delhi. This is an ideal option to unwind and relax before you return home and if you wish to experience Ayurveda without covering the wide distance to Goa or Kerala.
- Undertake a unique day-trip to the Aravali-valley. Located near the city of Delhi it is one oft he oldest biosphere reserves. On request you ride on tromedar to the surrounding hills. Amazing that only 1.5 hrs outside Delhi one can experience uninhabited natural landscapes with forests, steppes, ancient temples and shepherds.
- Ad Travel Module Agra to see the Taj Mahal or go for a day-trip Delhi – Agra – Delhi (am Freitag ist der Taj Mahal geschlossen)
- Goldenes Dreieck – 3 – 4 Zusatztage ab Delhi mit Agra und Jaipur
- Goldenes Dreieck mit Tiger-Safari im Ranthambhore Nationalpark – 4 - 5 Zusatztage ab Delhi