|After visiting central Bhutan (Travel Module: “Bhutan Classic / Central”) this journey takes you from the most remarkable areas of central Bhutan to the east, finally leaving the Himalayan Kingdom by land via the north eastern Indian state of Assam.
- Monastery fortresses, Buddhist temples, monastic life
- Tiger Nest temple (UNESCO World Heritage)
- Unique landscapes, fertile valleys, vast forests with enormously rich biodiversity
- Traditional farms and the typical Bhutanese wooden houses / chalets
- Views of Mt. Jhomolhari (7314 m)
- Colourful markets
- Capital Thimpu
- Bhutan’s weavers
- The lovely valleys of Bumthang and Phobijikha
- Optional walks through idyllic cultural landscapes
- Experience various vegetation zones from the temperate to the tropic
- Visit eastern Bhutan’s rarely visited Dzongs (monastic fortresses) and temples
Day 1:Arrival in Bhutan:
by flight from Bangkok (Thailand), Delhi, Kolkota or Bagdogra (India) or Kathmandu (Nepal) Bhutan
by land via Phuntsholing after Travel Module "Sikkim", "Darjeeling" or "Kalimpong" (ad + one day)
Day 2: Visit Tiger Nest and enjoy sighsseeing in and around Paro
Day 3: Paro – Thimpu with city tour as per your interest
Day 4: Thimpu with city tour as per your interest
Day 5: Thimpu – Punakha with optional hike
Day 6: Punakha – valley of Gangtey (9‘800 ft / 3‘000 m)
Day 7: Gangtey – Trongsa – Bumthang / Jakar, (8500 - 13100 ft / 2600 – 4000 m)
Day 8: Bumthang with sightseeng as per your interest
Day 9: Bumthang/Jakar – Mongar, (5000 ft / 1524 m)
Day 10: Mongar – Trashigang, (3700 ft / 1136 m)
Day 11: Trashigang - Trashyantshi – Trashigang
Day 12: Trashigang – Samdrup Jongkhar, (2000 ft / 610 m)
Day 13: Samdrup Jongkhar – Guwahati, Assam, India (180 ft / 55 m)
Continue your tour from Guwahati by flight to Kokota, Delhi or Bagdogra
Or continue your tour from Samdrup Jongkhar with Travel Module “Arunachal Pradesh”, “Northeast India Rondtrip” or “Kolkota”.
- Shorten (by up to four days) or extend this tour in accordance to the timeframe available to you. We look forward to informing you about your options.
- Reach Bhutan by land after any Travel Module "Darjeeling", "Sikkim" or "Sikkim".
- Combine this tour with Travel Module "Assam Kaziranga Safari" or "Northeast India Roundtrip"
- Integrate a trekking of your choice guided by one of our professional, local guides. For an overview of Trekkings in Bhutan check out: www.yetilaya.com
- Go for hotel upgrades and enjoy the comfort and aesthetics of beautiful 5-star hotels in Paro, Thimpu, Bumthang, Punakha and Gangtey.
- Integrate a festival (for example mask- & lama dances) – we inform you about options within your timeframe