• Bhutan: honouring & preserving cultural heritage, traditional architecture and native knowledge
• Northeast India: Experiencing amazing natural wonders & cultural diversity between Myanmar & Tibet
Travel Module: Bhutan Classic /Central
This classic trip to the Himalayan Kingdom of Bhutan first takes you to the most remarkable areas of this unique land. Nestled between the former kingdom of Sikkim (India), North East India and Tibet (China) it is probably the most fascinating Himalayan country and one of the most unique in the world.
Discover this land of Gross National Happiness and its rich Tibetan Buddhist cultural heritage. Enjoy spectacular mountain scenery and vast, pristine forests. At times you are bound to feel like in another world, as if displaced into a foregone age. Our journeys to Bhutan can be enriched with optional nature- and village treks, interaction with the locals, farm-visits. You may also choose to integrate an overnight in a village-homestay or choose one of our many trekking options.
Stay overnight in selected hotels that reflect the culture of Bhutan or in one of the 5-star luxury resorts that have come up in most popular destinations. Benefit from our personal relationships with local drivers, tour leaders, government agencies, craftsmen, farmers, monks, nuns and farmers.
Profitieren Sie von unseren persönlich gepflegten Beziehungen vor Ort.
- Monastery fortresses, Buddhist temples, monastic life
- Tiger Nest temple (UNESCO World Heritage)
- Unique landscapes, fertile valleys, vast forests with enormously rich biodiversity
- Traditional farms and the typical Bhutanese wooden houses / chalets
- Views of Mt. Jhomolhari (7314 m)
- Colourful markets
- Capital Thimpu
- Bhutan’s weavers
- The lovely valleys of Bumthang and Phobijikha
- Optional walks through idyllic cultural landscapes
Day 1: Arrival in Bhutan:
by flight from Bangkok (Thailand), Delhi, Kolkota or Bagdogra (India) or Kathmandu (Nepal) Bhutan by land via Phuntsholing after Travel Module "Sikkim", "Darjeeling" or "Kalimpong" (ad + one day)
Day 2: Visit Tiger Nest and Paro-sightseeing
Day 3: Paro – Thimpu with sightseeing
Day 4: Thimpu with sightseeing as per your interest
Day 5: Thimpu – Punakha with optional hike
Day 6: Punakha – Gangtey
Day 7: Gangtey – Trongsa – Bumthang
Day 8: Bumthang
Day 9: Bumthang – Wangdue
Day 10: Wangdue – Thimpu – Paro
Day 11: Paro – by flight: return by flight to Bangkok, Delhi, Kolkota, Bagdgora or Kathmandu By land: continue to border-town of Phuntsholing and continue with travel module "Darjeeling", "Kalimpong" or "Sikkim"
- Extend your trip to Bhutan with additional days in Paro, Gangtey, Thimpu or Bumthang or shorten the above itinerary as per your timeframe.
- Traverse Bhutan and exit via the Indian state of Assam (Travel Module Bhutan Traverse)
- Integrate a trekking of your choice guided by one of our professional, local guides. For an overview of Trekkings in Bhutan check out: www.yetilaya.com
- Go for hotel upgrades and enjoy the comfort and aesthetics of beautiful 5-star hotels in Paro, Thimpu, Bumthang, Punakha and Gangtey.
- Integrate a festival (for example mask- & lama dances) – we inform you about options within your timeframe